The list of job opportunities is regularly updated, so please check again if we don't currently have a vacancy that interests you.
Full time, permanent position
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef with a fresh food background to be the second in command in the kitchen at Guildford’s Yvonne Arnaud Theatre. The successful contender will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in sustaining and improving our customers` satisfaction.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates at a high standard all the times
- Help in the preparation and design of food menus
- Must have a good level of food knowledge and be able to deputize for the Head Chef
- Manage and train, supervise and motivate the kitchen staff
- Solve any issues that arise and control of any problematic situation in the absence of the Head Chef
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- To have a clear understanding of profit margins, purchasing and food costing including waste control
- Maintain an optimistic and proficient approach with coworkers and customers
We are looking for someone who is energetic, efficient with a “can-do” attitude. Enthusiastic and be able to work alone and as a part of a team. Well organised with a keen eye for detail.
The salary is competitive.
Shifts are generally from Monday until Saturday, with a couple of exceptions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Aaron Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 4 March 2018
*PLEASE NOTE: There are no work experience placements available in July 2018
Work experience placements are available throughout the year* in the Youth for those aged 15 and over, and Technical Backstage department for those aged 18 and over. We encourage applications from anyone who has an interest in learning how a professional producing theatre operates.
For an information pack on Work Experience at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, please download it here or contact the Work Experience Co-ordinator on 01483 44 00 77 or email: email@example.com. If you are interested in applying please find the form here. Please print the form, handwrite it using block capitals, scan and email or alteratively copy and paste the text into word and email it over to the above address.
NB: The week that you want may not be available when you complete your application so make sure you list alternative weeks when filling in the form.
Guildford’s Yvonne Arnaud Theatre is committed to equality of opportunity